Thursday, January 10, 2013

Has Social Media Become a Breeding Ground for Whiners??

So I am thinking to myself as I peruse my usual social media sites... Google+, Facebook, Twitter... that there seems to be a huge amount of consistent negativity on there.

Now I understand this is just my social media sites.... but I know I am not the only one who has noticed that people have chosen social media as the forum to air all their woes.

For every good thing I read about there are 10 to 12 more that are nothing but woe is me... all is wrong... life is fail.

Why is this? I do not mind posting musings or having a friendly conversation but to broadcast to the whole world that my bank account is consistently low, my health is in constant decline, I hate my job and everyone I work with.

Now do not get me wrong in the early days of the interwebz I had a very vocal presence that might even be considered what I am mentioning above but since then I realized that maybe this is not keeping my best foot forward. So I have minimized the amount of hyper-personal (not sure that is a word but it sounds fitting) information that I post. Not to mention, I would rather someone get to know me directly through me, not social media. (But that is a post for another time)

The reason is the same as my feelings about the barrage of Debbie Downers on social networking sites make me feel. I do not need nor want  a constant and consistent barrage of negative to bitchslap me everyday. Since I do not want it then I should not in turn contribute to others getting said bitchslap of my own negativity.

Who knows...

Remember the blog is called MUSINGS of a Bear... as can be told this is exactly that a musing.

No comments:

Post a Comment